British Council STEM Scholarships for Women – Online Applications Now Open!
The British Council has announced the opening of applications for its STEM Scholarships scheme, which offers financial support and mentoring to women aged 25 and under who have recently graduated from a UK university in any of the following subjects: computer science, engineering, mathematics, or physical sciences (chemistry, geology, and physics). This is the first time this scholarship program has been opened to women outside the UK; previous applicants were only eligible if they held dual UK citizenship. The application
Are you passionate about science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM), and women’s equality? The British Council STEM Scholarships Program offers full-tuition scholarships to women worldwide to pursue undergraduate and master’s degrees in STEM fields in top universities worldwide. Visit the British Council website today to learn more and apply!
However, Call for applications for fully-funded British Council Scholarships for Women (STEM) in 2022 for the batch of 2022-2023.
So are you an exceptional woman in STEM?
Would you like to study at a UK university?
The United Kingdom is offering scholarships and fellowships for women from all over the world!
The purpose of this scholarship program created by the British Council is to inspire more women to study and pursue careers in STEM. The British Council STEM scholarship program with 26 British universities gives women with leadership potential the chance to learn at an accredited UK university.
The British scholarship and fellowship program is an excellent opportunity for women. This scholarship is looking for outstanding women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) who wish to pursue a master’s degree and demonstrate their ability to return home with new knowledge, skills, and experiences to help them pursue leadership roles in STEM careers.
What is STEM?
Why study STEM?
Studying STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) provides the knowledge and skills needed to excel in our modern world. There are many benefits to studying STEM at school: it can open up many great job opportunities and gives you valuable skills in every industry. It also teaches you how to think critically and solve problems using analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
The British Council STEM Scholarship program for women helps women from the Americas, South Asia, South East Asia, Egypt, Turkey, and Ukraine. They believe that there should be more female scientists out there. That is why British Council offers financial support to help women study at a UK university. Do not miss out on this unique opportunity.
British Council STEM Scholarship Funding Plan:
The British Council STEM Scholarship program for women has many benefits that include:
- The program's main benefits include a stipend, travel and visa costs, health insurance, and a support system for fellow students and faculty. The UK’s higher education system is highly regarded, particularly in the STEM areas.
- The UK offers a range of benefits like academic prestige, economic support, and the opportunity to study in one of the world’s most popular destinations.
- If you are traveling with dependent children, support services will be available to women traveling with children.
- You will access English language courses that help you communicate with other students and staff.
British STEM Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
To apply for the British Council STEM Scholarship for women, you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Only women are eligible to apply for the STEM Scholarship.
- Beneficiary Countries: For both Masters Scholarship and Early Academic Fellowships, Applicants from the following countries are eligible: Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Vietnam. For Masters Scholarships only: Applicants of the following countries are eligible: Brazil, Egypt, Mexico, Peru, Turkey, and Ukraine.
- The British Council Scholarship for Women in STEM is open to passport holders and permanent residents of Eligible Countries.
- As part of your application for a British Council scholarship, you need to apply to a UK university that offers an eligible postgraduate program in one of the program areas listed on the Scholarship website before applying online.
- Applicants should have completed their undergraduate studies by the time they submit their applications and be due to start their postgraduate program in the UK in 2022.
- You should meet the English language requirement of your UK university partner to get the scholarship.
- The applicants who had studied here before or lived in the UK recently are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Scholars who get scholarships to study in the UK must return to their home country for at least two years after their award period has ended.
- The UK university partner will need evidence of your financial circumstances to determine if you qualify for support.
- By completing a means-test with the university partner, you should explain how you will use the money in the statement of your financial need prepared by the university.
How to apply online?
The British Council STEM scholarships are open to women. These grants are typically awarded to female students and professionals who will study or work in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) related field.
Steps of Application Submission:
- To apply for a STEM British scholarship, you should contact the universities directly.
- Use the links to each university application page and start your application by filling out an online form.
- Fill in the forms and enter your details. Finally, save and submit your application.
- Once you submit your application and it is accepted, the university will contact you to find out more information.
British STEM Scholarship Application Deadline:
The application deadline for the British STEM Scholarship for women ranges from 14 February and 10 April 2023. Different courses have different application deadlines, and these deadlines vary between universities. Please check the deadline with your preferred university when you apply.
Questions and answers
1. Who is eligible to apply?
2. What does OECD mean?
3. How much can I get?
More You Should Not Miss:
Get More You need to know before Proceeding with the Application;
- USA Immigration - https://bit.ly/usa-immigrations
- Canada Immigration - https://bit.ly/canada-immigrations
- World Immigration - https://bit.ly/world-immigrations
- Employment Opportunities - https://bit.ly/abroad-employments
- Education Opportunities - https://bit.ly/abroad-scholarship-programs
- Homepage explore - https://bit.ly/immigration-center
For the fifth year in a row, the British Council is awarding scholarships to help women with science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) studies. The scholarships are awarded to top female undergraduate and postgraduate students and can be used at any UK university or higher education provider. Successful applicants will receive a one-off payment of £7,000 and can reapply annually if they maintain their academic progress.