Maltese Government Scholarship - 2023-2024 Live the Language Scholarships.
The Maltese Government Scholarship are 10% of the total budgets for all tertiary institutions in Malta. The purpose of this scholarship is to support students who are active participants in the Maltese Higher Education community and actively preparing for a career-oriented undergraduate degree at an accredited tertiary institution.
The Maltese Government has a long tradition of awarding scholarships to deserving students at all academic levels. From the early days of the British occupation, the country has been a hub for education, with many schools and colleges operating from sites in Malta. The Maltese Government is well known for its generosity regarding these scholarships, so it’s no surprise that it awards one yearly to an eager candidate who has met some specific criteria. The scholarship is open to students who are citizens of Malta and either studying a recognized bachelor’s or master’s degree program in any of the government-recognized higher education institutions in Malta at the time of applying. So if you’re pursuing higher education and live in Malta, this scholarship is something you should aim for!
How to Apply for the Maltese Government Scholarship
The Maltese Government Scholarship is open to students who are citizens of Malta and either studying a recognized Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in any government-recognized higher education institution in Malta at the time of applying. In addition, this scholarship is open to students within the age group of 21 - 25 years old at the time of application.
What’s Covered by Malta Government Scholarships 2023?
Study Abroad Allowance shall mean an additional allowance amounting to two thousand and five hundred euros (€2,500) awarded to Awardees who would be abroad (outside the Maltese territory), studying at a Recognised Educational Institution throughout their program/course. In the case of study visits,
Awardees following part-time / distance learning programs will be entitled to an allowance amounting to two hundred euros (€200) per visit abroad up to a maximum of two thousand and four hundred euros (€2,400) over 12 months. This allowance will only be paid on the presentation of the related boarding passes and confirmation from the Educational Institution.
Eligibility Criteria for the Maltese Government Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship, you’ll need to meet the following criteria: You must be a Malta citizen and either studying a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in any of the government-recognized higher education institutions in Malta at the time of applying. In addition, you must have been a resident of Malta for twelve months before your degree program started.
Meanwhile, here we will list some of the Eligibility for the Maltese Government Scholarship.
- Applicants shall become ineligible for a Scholarship if they breach any part of the Regulations.
- Applicants shall start their course leading to a Qualification at MQF Level 7 between 14th June 2023 and 31st December 2023.
- Applicants may apply to follow programs of studies in any Area of Study specified in Schedule I of Section 17 of these Regulations.
- Applicants are expected to identify not more than five (5) Recognised Institutions and programs/courses that they consider most appropriate on the Application Form. No changes to the list of institutions are accepted after the closing date of the application
- A declaration from the Applicants that they intend to complete their program of study,
- Applicants shall submit at least one Unconditional Letter of Acceptance (ULA) from a Recognised Educational Institution on their Application Form. The last day of submission of ULA shall be Friday, 8th October 2023, at 4.00 p.m. (Local Time).
Endeavour Scholarship Selection Criteria
Applications for Maltese Endeavour scholarships are considered based on the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the Applicant (20%) – Only qualifications at MQF Level 5 or higher will be taken into consideration;
- How to study/research is related to the identified priority area – (25%);
- The relevance of the study/research to Malta’s Strategic Priorities and the EU2020 Strategy – (20%);
- The likely impact of the study/research on the development of Malta – (20%);
- Previous work experience in specialization and work with voluntary organizations (15%).
How to Apply for the Maltese Government Scholarship?
The Maltese Government Scholarship is only available to full-time students and is therefore not open to part-time or per-scholarship students. Instead, you’ll need to apply online at www.mgg.gov.mt/programmes/scholarships. The application is easy; all you need to do is fill in the application form and pay the fee. There is no minimum GPA requirement for the Maltese Government Scholarship, but most applicants aim for a “B+” or higher.
The Requirements for the Maltese Government Scholarship
Applicants for the Maltese Government Scholarship must meet all of the following requirements to be considered for the award: Have a minimum GPA of 2.0 in your undergraduate studies at the time of applying. In addition, have a minimum GPA of 2.0 in your postgraduate studies when using.
Steps to Follow to Be Considered for the Malta Endeavour Scholarships 2023:
In line with government policy and to enhance the Scholarships Unit’s environmental and social responsibility, ONLY online applications are accepted. Applicants can apply using the appropriate online Electronic Application at: www.myscholarship.gov.mt and log in with their e-I.D.
The Applicants must ensure that their application is successfully submitted, keep a printed copy of the Application Form, and print a copy of the electronically generated acknowledgment. This shall be the Applicants’ proof that an application is submitted successfully online and on time.
A scanned copy of the below-supporting documents must be uploaded with the application:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Applicant’s HEI (including University) transcripts (if already available)
- Unconditional Letter of Acceptance from the Recognised Educational Institution applied for
MQRIC evaluation report/receipt of application (if already available)
- Applicant’s EU disability card issued by the Commission for the Rights of Persons with Disability (CRPD)
- Permanent Residence permit (where applicable);
- A statement that the applicant intends to complete the course on time
- A Study Plan or a research proposal
Final Words on applying for the Maltese Government Scholarship
Suppose you’re the right person for this scholarship. In that case, the Maltese Government will: Offer special consideration to students admitted to the scholarship program based on their academic achievements. Therefore, maintain a high academic standard in your studies and an excellent academic record. Furthermore, keep a low profile and refrain from conducting yourself in a conspicuous or promotional way.
More You Should Not Miss:
Get More You need to know before Proceeding with the Application;
- USA Immigration - https://bit.ly/usa-immigrations
- Canada Immigration - https://bit.ly/canada-immigrations
- World Immigration - https://bit.ly/world-immigrations
- Employment Opportunities - https://bit.ly/abroad-employments
- Education Opportunities - https://bit.ly/abroad-scholarship-programs
- Homepage explore - https://bit.ly/immigration-center
The Bottom Line
The Maltese Government Scholarship is an excellent opportunity to show your academic and personal potential. You’ll be able to choose where to study and have ample opportunity to participate in on- and off-campus activities. Plus, it’s renewable every year! So if you want to start your education, this scholarship is for you!
Candidates can submit their applications for Malta Government Live the Language Scholarships 2023 till December 30, 2023. In addition, you can also submit an application for Malta Endeavour Scholarship 2024 in 2023.