Remote Senior Backend Engineer Needed At JWPlayer
Are you a Senior Backend Engineer? Here is an opportunity for you to apply as a senior backend engineer at JW Player. Read the job requirements and how to apply for the position.
Senior Backend Engineer: JW Player is the leading video software and data insights platform that gives our customers independence and control in today’s Digital Video Economy. Founded over a decade ago as an open source video player, JW Player’s technology platform now powers digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses across NA, EMEA, APAC and LATAM. Each month, there are over 1 billion viewers across 2.7 billion unique devices consuming video on JW Player’s technology.
The Engineering Team:
Our Engineering team plays a big part in the company's success through the development of innovative technologies. Engineers at JW Player are passionate about writing code and solving complex problems. Equipped with modern tech stack, our Engineers attribute to helping drive monetization for our customers across billions of devices monthly.
Remote Work & Relocation:
JW Player Engineering is committed to offering location flexibility in relevant roles now and in the future. Candidates considered for this role may choose to work fully remote, fully office based, or somewhere in between (i.e flexible).
We are looking to hire Senior Backend Engineers across our growing global organization. JW Player's Engineering team comprises of various groups such as Data Pipelines, Media Processing & Delivery, APIs, and advertising. Depending on the team, you will be exposed to multiple unique projects where you will have the opportunity to demonstrate and grow your technical skills.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team focused around our customer experience
- Teams such as: Front-End Engineers, Data Science, Design and Product Management
- Contribute to innovative technology and architecture of a global production-scale service layer
- The latest in delivery and deployment tools like K8S, CICD, Containerization, Deployment, etc.
- Use popular languages like Python, Go or Java in day-to-day coding
- Make material impact on streaming products, video encoding and media processing services
- Participate in code reviews with fellow engineering peers
Requirements for this role:
- 3+ years of backend software development and engineering
- Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field; or experience equivalent
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing distributed systems that are highly available, scalable and fault tolerant
- Experience with micro-services architecture: Designing, creating, deploying, testing and monitoring
- Exposure and understanding to Object Oriented Design Patterns
- Insight to database design and RDBMS concepts and domain-driven designs
- Solid understanding of source control management system
- Substantial experience with Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of video encoding, ad networks, content management platforms, and/or streaming protocols
- Experience with building scalable systems using cloud infrastructures like AWS or Google Cloud
- Contributed to open-source projects
- Experience with Docker and/or Linux Containers
- Familiarity with event-driven or message-driven architecture
Perks of being at JW Player, U.S
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success!
As a full time employee, you will qualify for:
- Private Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage for you and your family
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Stock Options Purchase Program
- Quarterly and Annual Team Events - because team building is important!
- Professional Career Program and Career Development Opportunities
- Bi-Annual Hack Weeks for those who are interested in using their coding knowledge
- Fireside chats with individuals in the JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.