How To Apply For The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program Of 2023
The Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program is a $50,000 scholarship program for undergraduate students who demonstrate academic merit and leadership qualities. The program is named after the former Canadian Prime Minister who served from 1949 to 1967 and established himself as a global statesman through his work with the United Nations.
The Lester B. Pearson Scholars Program is a global scholarship program that allows Canadians to study in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics programs at universities around the world. Established in 2003 by the Government of Canada and supported by the Canadian Association of University Teachers (CAUT), the Pearson Scholars Program offers grants for undergraduate students who are enrolling in full-time studies at an accredited university outside Canada. The program aims to promote access to higher education through scholarships. It also seeks to support international collaboration between Canadian universities and institutions abroad. The program has grown from around 100 applicants in its first year, to more than 2,000 applications this year. This growth is a testament to its growing reputation as a gateway to post-secondary studies for eligible applicants from across Canada.
What is Scholarship
A scholarship is “a gift of money or property given to one person to assist in the acquisition of learning.” Scholarships are generally awarded based on financial need, academic merit, and/or personal excellence.
How does The Lester B. Pearson Scholarships Offers
The Lester B. Pearson Scholarships Offer full tuition support, study loans, and living expenses to cover any additional costs incurred while studying abroad. Students can apply for the Pearson Scholars Program if they are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada, have completed high school, have a valid Provincial/Territorial Driver’s Licence, and are a minimum of 18 years old. The application deadline is February 20, 2019, at midnight. There is no fee to apply, and all materials must be submitted online.
How to Apply for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program
Visit the Pearson website and select the appropriate application category depending on your country of residence. The application is a two-step process. First, you must complete an application form. Then, you will be asked to submit an essay of no more than 500 words on a Pearson scholarship-related topic of your choosing. Online applications must be submitted electronically. You will need your name, email address, high school graduation date, and province/territory to submit your application. Once you have completed your online application and uploaded your required supporting documents, you will be able to check the status of your application. If your application is approved, you will be notified and will be able to submit your essay for review. The Pearson team will review your essay and determine whether or not you are eligible to receive a scholarship.
Why is the Pearson Scholars Program of interest?
The Pearson Scholars Program offers Canadian students the opportunity to study abroad in countries all over the world. Students who participate in the program can experience a different culture, study a new language and expand their horizons. The program also helps build connections and collaborations between Canadian universities and institutions abroad.
Important Things To Know Before You Apply
- All scholarship applications must be submitted electronically. All applications will be processed in the order they are received. - You must submit all required documents before your application status can be reviewed. Incomplete applications will be rejected. - You must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada to be eligible to apply for a Pearson scholarship. - Students must be at least 18 years old to apply for a Pearson scholarship. - The application for the 2019-2020 program will be open from January 20, 2019, until February 20, 2019. - The Pearson website is only accessible from a computer or device with an internet browser. You will need an internet browser that supports Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to complete the application process.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- High school graduation certificate is required for all applicants
- Minimum GPA of at least 2.4 on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum of 4.0 on the one-course requirement
- Minimum of 70% on the two-course requirement
- Meets the English language requirement
Pearson Scholars Program FAQs
- What is the Pearson application process? The Pearson application process will require you to submit an online application and upload the required documents. The application will be evaluated based on your electronic submission to the application. The electronic application must be submitted for it to be evaluated. The submission will be valid only if it is submitted electronically. Once you have submitted your electronic application, you will have the opportunity to submit an essay. The Pearson application process will allow you to select whether you would like to submit an essay.
More You Should Not Miss:
Get More You need to know before Proceeding with the Application;
- USA Immigration - https://bit.ly/usa-immigrations
- Canada Immigration - https://bit.ly/canada-immigrations
- World Immigration - https://bit.ly/world-immigrations
- Employment Opportunities - https://bit.ly/abroad-employments
- Education Opportunities - https://bit.ly/abroad-scholarship-programs
- Homepage explore - https://bit.ly/immigration-center
The Pearson Scholars Program offers full tuition support, study loans, and living expenses to cover any additional costs incurred while studying abroad. Students who are accepted into the program will receive a scholarship covering the full cost of tuition, as well as living expenses. The program is open to Canadian citizens or permanent residents who are at least 18 years old. All scholarship applications must be submitted electronically. Applications for the 2019-2020 program will be accepted from January 20 until February 20. We can’t wait to see all of your applications!