MEXT Scholarship 2023: How to Apply for This Fully Funded Opportunity
MEXT Scholarship 2023, also called the MEXT Scholarships, are fully funded scholarships that cover students’ tuition fees, living expenses, and airfare. These scholarships are open to all students who meet the general entry requirements of their chosen institution and have already received an offer from Japan. The application process for this scholarship can be confusing at first glance, but it’s easier than you think! Keep reading to find out how to apply for this scholarship opportunity and why you should apply even if you haven’t been to Japan before!
MEXT Scholarship 2023: How to Apply for This Fully Funded Opportunity (Scholarship Roar) – Applications are now open for the MEXT Scholarship 2023. You’ll need to submit your application within two weeks of opening, so apply soon if you’re interested in this great scholarship! The next time you see it will be when you’re signing the bottom of your agreement form and attending orientation at your new university. Don’t forget to tell them to thank you when they first welcome you with open arms! Good luck.
If you are looking to study in Japan with a scholarship then read this post through. Because in this post, we will explain what is MEXT scholarship 2023, its benefits, and step by step application procedure.
About The MEXT Scholarship
The MEXT Scholarship, also known as the Japanese Government Scholarship, is a highly competitive and prestigious scholarship that offers full funding for one to five years of study in Japan. The scholarship covers tuition, airfare, a monthly stipend, and other benefits, and is open to students from around the world. If you are interested in applying for the MEXT Scholarship, read on for a step-by-step guide to the application process.
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate or research (masters / Ph.D.) students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program.
Normally the Application cycle for the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship is announced in April. Knowledge of the Japanese Language and IELTS/TOEFL is not mandatory for this scholarship.
This is the Next embassy recommended scholarship. You will apply through the Japanese embassy in your country. (the links to all embassies are given below).
MEXT Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD / Training
- Institution(s): Japanese Universities
- Study in: Japan
- Courses Offered: All types of courses offered in all Japanese Universities from Social Science to Engineering, Medical to Health, Arts, Humanities, etc. There are No Academic Fields Restrictions.
- Program Period: Undergraduate: 4-5 Years, Masters: 2-3 Years, Ph.D.: 3-4 Years
Meet the MEXT scholarship 2023
The MEXT scholarship is a Japanese government-sponsored program that provides full funding for international students to study at Japanese universities. The program is highly competitive, with only a limited number of scholarships available each year. If you are interested in applying for the MEXT scholarship, read on for a step-by-step guide to the application process. The first step is to find an institution that participates in the JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization) exchange program and has openings for this academic year. The list of participating institutions can be found here or by asking your prospective university directly. Once you have found an institution, apply to it through its website and wait until March 31st before making any other applications so that they can see your results before deciding if they want to offer you a place on their course list.
Why should you apply?
The MEXT scholarship is a great opportunity for students who want to study in Japan. The scholarship covers tuition, airfare, and living expenses, so it is a great way to finance your education. The application process is competitive, but if you are dedicated to studying in Japan, it is worth applying for the scholarship. The application process requires that you submit an essay, transcripts, and letters of recommendation, so start collecting these materials now.
Who can apply?
The MEXT scholarship is a Japanese government-sponsored program that provides financial support to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities. The scholarship covers tuition, airfare, a monthly stipend, and other associated costs. To be eligible, applicants must be 18-28 years old, have a bachelor's degree or its equivalent, and be proficient in both written and spoken Japanese.
MEXT Scholarship Coverage
MEXT Scholarship 2023 is a Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students to Study in Japan For Free. This scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
Allowances: Monthly Stipend Allowance, Preparatory Allowance (2023 Rate)
Education Fees: Fees for the Entrance Examination and Tuition fees at Universities will be paid by MEXT.
Traveling Expenses: Transportation to Japan: MEXT will cover your Round Airfare Travel Expenses from your Country to Japan. The Airline ticket will be an Economy-class ticket for the flight.
Accommodations: Residence halls for international students provided by universities.
Eligibility Criteria for MEXT Scholarship 2023
To qualify for MEXT Scholarship, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible.
- For Undergraduate Students: You must be at least 17 and under 25 years of age and have completed 12 years of school education or have completed courses in a school comparable to a high school (includes prospective graduates)
- For Masters / Ph.D. Students: You must be under 35 years of age and a college graduate (includes prospective graduates). Or you must have completed 16 years / 18 years of education.
- For Teacher training students: You must be under 35 years of age and a graduate of a college or teacher training college. You must have at least five years of active experience as a teacher in a primary, secondary, or teacher training college in your country.
- For Japanese Study Students: Applicants must be from 18 to 30 years old. Applicants must be enrolled as undergraduate students in faculties or schools that major in Japanese language or Japanese culture in a university outside Japan at the time when they come to Japan and must be enrolled in the home institution at the time when they return to their home countries.
How to Apply for MEXT Scholarship 2023?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for MEXT Scholarship:
- Find the Japanese Embassy or Consulate of your country from here.
- Visit the website of the Japanese Embassy of your country. Under the Education / Scholarship tab, you will find the MEXT scholarship.
- Download the MEXT scholarship application form and fill it out.
- Submit the required documents (list given below) to the Japanese Embassy of your country.
- A written test will be conducted by the Japanese Embassy. Find Sample Written Test with Answers Here.
- After that interviews of the candidates will be conducted.
- The successful candidates will be informed through email or the embassy website.
Documents Required for MEXT Scholarship 2023
(1) MEXT Scholarship Application form
(2) The highest degree is verified with official stamps.
- Bachelors program applicants: 12 Years of Education
- Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree
- Ph.D. program applicants: Master’s degree
Note: If the degree is not in English, a notarized copy of a translation in English is required.
(3) The highest degree Transcript is verified with official stamps. (Including Grading system)
- Bachelors program applicants: 12 Years of Education
- Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree Transcripts
- Ph.D. program applicants: Master’s degree Transcripts
Note: If the diploma is not in English, a notarized copy of a translation in English or is
Tips before you start writing your essay
If you're looking for a fully funded opportunity to study abroad, the MEXT scholarship is a great option. The application process is relatively straightforward, but it's important to start early and put in your best effort. How there are also English Language Proficiency Document: Those students whose language institute was in English can Submit English Proficiency Certificate from their Home University & they are exempted from Language Test Good luck!
More You Should Not Miss:
- USA Immigration - https://bit.ly/usa-immigrations
- Canada Immigration - https://bit.ly/canada-immigrations
- World Immigration - https://bit.ly/world-immigrations
- Employment Opportunities - https://bit.ly/abroad-employments
- Education Opportunities - https://bit.ly/abroad-scholarship-programs
- Homepage explore - https://bit.ly/immigration-center