EB-5 Visas and the US Immigrant Investor Program: Everything You Need to Know
Are you interested in obtaining an EB-5 visa and learning more about the US Immigrant Investor Program? The EB-5 visa is a great way to gain permanent residency in the United States. The US Immigrant Investor Program can be a powerful tool for those looking to take advantage of its benefits. In this blog post, we'll dive deep into the specifics of the EB-5 visa and the US Immigrant Investor Program, so you can make an informed decision on whether this program is right for you.
The EB-5 Visa is a U.S. Immigrant Investor Program that provides foreign nationals with a path to permanent residence in the United States. It is an attractive option for those interested in achieving citizenship by investing in the American economy. This blog post will provide a comprehensive overview of the EB-5 Visa and the US Immigrant Investor Program, covering topics such as eligibility requirements, application process, and potential benefits. Then, you can just read on to learn everything you need to know about the EB-5 Visa and the US Immigrant Investor Program.
In other words, The EB5 Visa is the US’s version of a Golden Visa. It allows the holder to live, work, pursue education or retire in the US without finding an employer.
As with other Golden Visa types, if you wish to get a US EB-5 visa, you must make a substantial investment in the US. So, this visa is suitable for wealthy internationals with an eye on a Green Card or American citizenship.
What is an EB-5 visa?
EB-5 Visa in a nutshell:
- To receive this visa, you must invest at least $900,000 in a US enterprise and create at least 10 American jobs.
- If you are eligible for the EB-5 Visa, you receive a Green Card and are allowed to live in the US.
- You can include your dependent family members in the application. This means your spouse and children also get Green Cards.
- The US only issues 10,000 EB-5 Investment Visas per year. This also includes the visas issued to family members.
To get assistance with the required paperwork and procedures of getting a Golden Visa for the US, it is advisable to hire legal representatives specializing in residency-by-investment programs.
Who is eligible for an EB-5 visa?
EB-5 Visa Investment Options
There are two investment options which make you eligible for an EB-5 Visa:
- Investing at least $900,000 in a Targeted Employment Area (TEA). Investing in a rural area with a high unemployment rate in a government-approved program.
- Direct investment of at least $1.8 million outside a TEA. You can invest in another company/enterprise of your choice or create your own company in the US, but you must make sure it meets the USCIS requirements.
EB-5 Visa Investment in Regional Centers
The USCIS has several Regional Centers across the country, which aim to promote economic growth in certain areas in the US. You can find the list of Approved EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers here.
If you invest in a TEA, you must demonstrate that at least ten jobs were directly or indirectly generated due to your investment. Jobs created as a consequence of commercial firm investment are known as indirect jobs since the individuals hired work for other businesses. These positions may be found throughout the business enterprise's supply chain.
Since most applicants are more interested in the immigration component of their investments than the money return, most EB-5 applications are submitted through Regional Centers.
Direct Investment EB-5 Visa
A direct EB-5 investment entails starting a business in the US or buying an established one. However, you will be required to make a more significant investment—at least twice as much—because the investment is outside the TEA that USCIS has permitted.
Furthermore, you need to demonstrate that your investment or business directly produced at least ten new employees, and you need to have a direct part in the industry.
Requirements for EB-5 Visa Investment
Here are the primary requirements for an EB-5 Visa investment are:
- It must meet the minimum capital amount. Either $900,000 in a TEA or $1.8 million outside TEAs.
- It must create at least ten new full-time jobs for at least two years. If you cannot prove immediately that the investment mandated the positions, you should be able to prove that the need for at least ten new full-time employees will arise.
- The money you invest must have been acquired legally.
- The USCIS must approve the investment.
- The enterprise you invest in must be a “for-profit” new commercial e established after 1990.
- The money you invest must be considered “at-risk, " meaning there is no guarantee of capital return.
You'll need to select the enterprise you want to invest in or through a regional center. Due to the investment, you may need legal representatives to help you through the process.
Due to the investment, you may need legal representatives to help you through the process. However, if you are still determining whether your potential investment meets the requirements of the EB-5 Visa, you can schedule a consultation appointment with La Vida. They will employ their expertise in the field to provide you with the best options.
After you've settled your investment, you'll need to gather the necessary evidence and submit the EB-5 Visa application.
Apply for an EB-5 Visa?
Once you have settled your investment, the process for applying for an EB-5 Visa is as follows:
- You apply to the USCIS using Form I-526, essentially the application form for an Investment Visa. The USCIS may update the address to which you must submit the form, so you should check their website.
- The USCIS reviews the application and sends it to the National Visa Center (NVC).
- The NVC contact you and ask you to pay the relevant fees and submit the required documents. The NVC informs you where and how to pay the price.
- You apply for an Immigrant Visa and enter an interview at the US Embassy. The NVC will inform you where and when the discussion will take place and what documents you should bring.
- If everything goes accordingly, the US Embassy will issue your Immigrant Investor Visa (i.e., the two-year Green Card).
- If you are already in the US, you must file for adjustment of status (Form I-485) with the USCIS instead of applying at a US Embassy.
The most important thing to remember when applying for this type of visa
Remember that the application procedure may vary based on where you live. So, if you're not in the US, the US Embassy in your nation should be your first port of call. They are probably the most knowledgeable about the prerequisites and application procedure.
Many applicants opt to employ attorneys to assist with the EB-5 visa application process due to the size of the money at stake.
How Long Does the EB-5 Visa Process Take?
Documents Required for EB-5 Visa Application
When applying for an EB-5 Visa, the USCIS will ask you to prove your investment meets their requirements. The documents you have to submit include the following:
- Documentary evidence that you have either invested or are in the process of investing in a for-profit new commercial enterprise established after 1990; or
- Purchased a for-profit new commercial enterprise established before 1990 but reorganized so that a new enterprise results; or
- Invested in a for-profit new commercial enterprise established before 1990, but your investment resulted in at least a 40% increase in the net worth or number of employees.
- Evidence that you will manage or oversee the new enterprise.
- Evidence that your investment has led to at least ten new full-time jobs – directly or indirectly. Or submit a comprehensive business plan showing that at least ten new positions will be required if they are not.
- Evidence that you intend to keep the new employees for at least two years.
- Proof you have made the minimum required investment:
- Proof that your investment money was obtained lawfully. E.g.:
- Foreign business registration records
- Corporate, partnership, or personal tax returns
- Proof of any other source of capital
- Proof of any pending civil or criminal actions against you from a court in or outside the USA from the previous 15 years (if applicable).
The benefits of the EB-5 visa
Receiving an EB-5 Visa means you can:
- Live, work, and study in the US, as can your family members.
- Get a Green Card, which you can renew continuously.
- Apply for American citizenship a few years down the line. This will give you access to one of the strongest passports in the world.
- Travel in and out of the US, applying for a visa.
- Travel to other countries which allow visa-free passage to Green Card holders.
- Get your capital investment back if you invested wisely.
- Get access to American health is known as one of the best in the world.
- Travel visa-free to 9 countries.
How Long Can I Stay in the US With an EB-5 Visa?
You will be granted "conditional residence" when acquiring a Green Card through EB-5 Investment. This indicates that you have two years to live, work, and study in the US while holding a valid Green Card. You can only leave the nation for a year if you lose your residency.
You can apply for "unconditional/permanent residency," also known as a 10-year Green Card that you can constantly renew after two years with a "conditional residency" Green Card.
With an EB-5 visa, am I allowed to live anywhere in the US?
You can live and work wherever you wish in the US if granted an EB-5 visa. You do not need to reside in the same State as the State in which you make your investment if you made it through a Regional Center.
However, if you made a direct investment, you need to be close to the firm you invested in as you would need to demonstrate your involvement in the business.
Family Members of EB-5 Visa Holders
If you are approved for an EB-5 Visa, the family members that can join you in the US are:
- Your spouse. Your spouse is eligible for both conditional and permanent residency along with you, provided that you were married when you entered the US as a resident or changed your status from a conditional resident to a permanent resident after two years. Same-sex spouses also qualify. A common-law spouse does not qualify.
- Your children. You can bring any children under the age of 21 along with you, and they will be eligible for conditional or permanent residence. This includes birth children, adopted children, as well as step-children. You must be able to prove legitimate parent lineage. If your child is under the age of 21 but they are married, they do not qualify for the visa.
Can I Get an EB-5 Visa and American Citizenship?
Yes, if you receive an EB-5 visa, you can apply to become an American citizen. After five years of "unconditional residency," you may petition for citizenship (the 10-year Green Card). Before submitting an application for citizenship, you must have lived in the US for a minimum of seven years.
Do I Get Access to American Healthcare With an EB5 Visa?
Do I Get Access to American Healthcare With an EB5 Visa?
You will have access to healthcare in the United States as an EB5 visa holder. However, the costs of getting medical treatment in the US are among the highest in the world.
Treating a broken leg or arm will cost you $2,500, while staying at a US hospital may cost over $10,000, on average. So you should pick a health insurance plan that fits you best, is affordable, and covers your needs.
EB-5 Visa Cost
The actual EB-5 Visa application costs $3,675 for yourself and any applicants. Naturally, in addition to the $900,000 you invest and any other administrative fees, such as:
- Form DS-260 processing fee
- Medical examination fees
- Fees to obtain supporting documents
- Any translation fees from a foreign language to English
- Any fees you pay to acquire legal help during the investment process
More You Should Not Miss:
Get More You need to know before Proceeding with the Application;
- USA Immigration - https://bit.ly/usa-immigrations
- Canada Immigration - https://bit.ly/canada-immigrations
- World Immigration - https://bit.ly/world-immigrations
- Employment Opportunities - https://bit.ly/abroad-employments
- Education Opportunities - https://bit.ly/abroad-scholarship-programs
- Homepage explore - https://bit.ly/immigration-center
The EB-5 visa is an excellent option for those looking to immigrate to the United States. Investors can obtain permanent residency status for themselves and their families by investing in a qualifying project. If you’re interested in taking advantage of this visa program, you may wonder how to apply for an EB-5 visa - US Immigrant Investor Program. To begin the application process, you must fill out the necessary forms with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and provide the required documentation. After completing these steps, you will apply and wait to hear back from USCIS. It’s important to note that the entire process can take anywhere from 6 months to a year, depending on the situation. With the proper preparation, though, you can ensure a successful outcome. Good luck!