United Nations Internships 2023 Free Certificate
International students may apply for United Nations internships in 2023–2024. The internship lasts for two to six months. Internships with the UN will provide you with a credential and an exciting opportunity to work with the UN office.
Have you been looking for a very reliable internship around the world? Here is Good news! Applications for United Nations Internships are currently open. In this article, we'll be able to explain in detail this internship program, its benefits, and the step-by-step application process. This article will also help you with the method and process to apply for the United Nations internships.
The international community turns to the United Nations (UN) for solutions to complicated challenges. The 40,000 employees labor to keep the world safe and secure, foster good relations among states, and promote social progress, higher living standards, and human rights. To address global issues effectively, the United Nations need a diversified workforce to contribute to these solutions. The Office of Human Resources creates a dynamic, adaptive, mobile force with the highest degree of competence and integrity to serve the Organization's mandates successfully and efficiently.
The United Nations provides a stimulating, varied, and inclusive workplace. This internship offers a one-of-a-kind opportunity to collaborate with people from various backgrounds to address a range of difficulties. We are looking for an active, responsible intern to join our team. If you are chosen, you will join a worldwide intern cohort and have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference by working on challenging and rewarding projects.
United Nations Internships Area of Focus
- Institution(s): United Nations
- Location: All world countries
- Internship-Focused Areas: Click here to view all available areas
- Internship Period: 2 to 6 months
- Internship Deadline: Check the deadline here
Internships with the UN will provide you with a credential and an exciting opportunity to work with the UN office.
Eligibility Criteria for United Nations Internships
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for United Nations Internships:
- Required Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. For this position, fluency in English is required, and knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Professionalism: Shows pride in work and achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with complex problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all work areas.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others, and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style, and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the office's work; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows a willingness to learn new technology.
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Education: The following requirements must be satisfied to be eligible for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme:
- Applicants at the time of application must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent) in journalism, communications, human development, psychology, sociology, disability inclusion, international relations, human resources, or a related field; or
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in a and b above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within one year of graduation;
- If pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages, have completed at least four years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree in journalism, communications, human development, psychology, sociology, disability inclusion, international relations, human resources or related field;
- Be computer literate in standard word processing and software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel or similar and proficient in traditional office automation equipment scanner, printer, etc.).
- Have demonstrated a keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter.
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes a willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
How to Apply for United Nations Internships
Below is the link that leads you to the application instructions to win United Nations Internships for 2023
1 fill in your profile
Two searches for the internship and apply for it
3 Create an account on the United Nations Portal from here.
Important Note to have in mind while applying
- A completed online application (Cover Letter and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- The Cover Letter must include the following:
•Title of degree you are currently pursuing;
•Graduation date (when you will be graduating from the program);
•Explanation of your interest in the United Nations Internship Program;
•Experience in drafting targeted communications, conducting data analysis, including visualizing and validating data, and using social media;
•Explanation of why you think you are the best candidate for this role;
- In your History Profile, include all past work experiences, communications and data analysis-related experience, software used, and three references.
- Due to the high volume
- Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
- Click here for more information on the application process.
More You Should Not Miss:
Get More You need to know before Proceeding with the Application;
- USA Immigration - https://bit.ly/usa-immigrations
- Canada Immigration - https://bit.ly/canada-immigrations
- World Immigration - https://bit.ly/world-immigrations
- Employment Opportunities - https://bit.ly/abroad-employments
- Education Opportunities - https://bit.ly/abroad-scholarship-programs
- Homepage explore - https://bit.ly/immigration-center
To learn more about United Nations Internships, please visit the official website: