Last month, Gionee made certification in China that it’s upcoming Gionee M 2017 smartphone will come with a whopping 7,000mAh battery. About a week ago, the company then released the first teaser image of the M2017, backing up the information and specifications given in the TENAA certification. Just recently, the company shared another teaser image.
Although the second image looks identical to the first, a very important information was revealed in the second teaser image; the date of the official unveiling. Gionee M2017 will be unveiled this year at Haikou Mission Hills at a special event on December 26th.
The Gionee M2017 features a 12 megapixel and 13 megapixels dual rear camera, 8 megapixels front camera, 5.7-inch Quad HD AMOLED display, powered by a 1.95 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 653 processor and will run on Android version 6.0 (Marshmallow).
So far so good, there have been some rumoured specifications of the Gionee M2017.
What have leaks been saying?
- Jaw dropping 7,000mAh battery with fast charging ability.
- 5.7-inch (2560 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED display
- 3. Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor (Quad 1.95GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.44GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB internal memory
- Sim Type: Dual SIM
- Operating System (OS): Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo OS 3.2
- Camera: 12MP + 13MP dual rear cameras with LED flash, 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Audio Jack: 3.5mm
- Dimensions: 155.2×77.6×10.65;
- Weight: 230 grams
- Network type: 4GLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz),
- Bluetooth: 4.2
- GPS: Yes
Although some users have shown their interest in the 7000mAh battery, some other consumers are showing their dissatisfaction in the combination of such huge battery capacity with a 5.7-inch display.
If you weren’t moved by any of the other specifications mentioned above, the presence of the dual rear camera should definitely get you attention. For a while now, geeks over the web are giving prophecy of a trend manufacturers tend to follow next year; the production of dual cameras. The iPhone 7 plus has a dual camera, LG G5, Huawei P9 and P9 Plus, Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus, Huawei Honor 8 all have dual rear cameras. So if manufacturers decided to tune into this ‘dual camera’ frequency, I believe we shall be seeing more dual camera phones in 2017.